ATTENTION ENTRANTS WHO PAID BY PAYPAL CREDIT CARD
Due to a technicality our Beacon Entry System programmer's name was listed on our credit card payments and not the Professional Beauty Association / Beacon. When you receive your credit card statement and see a charge from "PayPAL *MARINPAYPAL" it is in fact your Beacon entry fee and has bee properly processed.
Please do not dispute the payment with your credit card company. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Beacon provides the nation's most promising cosmetology students with education and opportunities to network with the industry's highest profile salon owners and stylists during PBA Beauty Week, held each July in Las Vegas. Beacon students attend specialized classes with the biggest names in the industry, get up close and personal with NAHA finalists and get a firm understanding of the business of beauty.
Helping Your Students Attend PBA Beauty Week
If your school would like to help your student(s) fundraise to pay for their Beacon trip, here are a few ideas:
- If your school has a dress code, offer a "Wear Jeans for $5" day where the students pay $5 to wear jeans
- Have a raffle - sell tickets to students, staff and clients. Ask local merchants to contribute items
- Host a cut-a-thon at your school
- Have a silent auction asking local merchants to donate items
- Have a fundraising dinner, charge by the plate
- Have clients, staff and family donate their frequent flier miles (the owner of the miles will need to book the ticket - use your best judgment on the fairest way to handle who receives these tickets - draw names from a hat if need be)
- Download a PDF listing all these fundraising ideas!
Attending Beacon as an Instructor
Beacon instructors will be able to attend PBA Beauty Week and the Beacon program at a special rate! If you have a winning student from your school, you will be notified of this special opportunity via the email.
Beacon is part of PBA Beauty Week, North America's largest, most inclusive beauty event, offering unlimited networking, education, and professional growth opportunities to all sectors of the beauty industry. PBA Beauty Week is produced by the Professional Beauty Association (PBA) and hosted by Cosmoprof North America.